Symptoms of COVID-19
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have any of these symptoms, get a test to check if you have coronavirus and stay at home until you get your result.
Under no circumstances should any person with COVID-19 symptoms enter or remain at the studio.
Client Self-Assessment Form
All clients must fill in a self-assessment form prior to their booked session. The form can be found here:
Clients who have not completed or refuse to complete their self-assessment form prior to the start time of their session, may be refused entry to the studio complex and their session may be cancelled.
Please note that if this occurs, standard refund rules will apply, which may include session fees being non-refundable.
Staff and Client Social Distancing Rules
At all times, both staff and clients must:
- Avoid touching their face with their hands
- Wear face masks (except when singing)
- Stay 1+ metres apart from any other person
- Avoid all physical greetings including hugs, handshakes and hi-fives – waving hello and goodbye will work just fine 🙂
- Regularly wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap and hot water and / or use hand sanitiser whenever required
If at any time staff and clients are within 1+ metres of each other, staff are to assess and minimise the risk by keeping side by side or front to back rather than face to face and to keep the activity time involved as short as possible.
It has recently been reported that the use of air conditioning can increase the risk of spreading COVID-19 in an enclosed space. Therefore air conditioning should be used only when necessary for the duration of the session.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Provided
- Disposable face masks
- Disposable gloves
Cleaning Products Provided
- Hand sanitiser
- Disposable antibacterial wipes
- Disposable tissues
The following cleaning duties will be undertaken both before and after each client session, whilst wearing a disposable face mask and disposable gloves:
- Using disposable antibacterial wipes, the following will be wiped down:
- Computer power button, screens, keyboard & mouse
- Speaker power buttons
- Midi keyboards
- Console / desk
- Outboard hardware switches and knobs
- Air conditioning remote
- Vocal booth screen
- Mic front grill (using extreme caution not to let moisture into the mic), pop shield & mic stand
- Guitars & basses (if used or planning to use)
- Tables and side units
- Chairs including arms and stools
- Door handles of our studio, vocal booth and live room (inside and out)
- Light & wall power switches
- Throw out any rubbish, empty bin and replace bin liner
- Dispose of mask and gloves safely
In addition, deeper cleaning will also occur on a regular basis and includes:
- Floors vacuumed and mopped
- Mats and rugs vacuumed
- Wash rubbish bins
Common Area Cleaning
Common areas are controlled by the building managers and they fall outside of the direct control of ourselves. However, the building managers have confirmed the following measures:
- Routinely cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces in the communal areas, such as cleaning stations, countertops, and door handles
- Removed towels from toilets to avoid any contamination
- Signs put up around the building encouraging social distancing and 1+ meters apart rule
If you are unsure of any part of this document, or have questions about our processes and procedures, please contact us immediately on 0203 727 7286 or email@example.com.